Preparation: 5 mins
Cooking: 15 mins
- 450g (1lb) Venison
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 large clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 x 400g (14oz) cans plum tomatoes, well drained
- 200ml (7fl oz) red wine
- sprig of rosemary
- 2 tsp sun dried tomato paste
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 500g linguini
- chopped chives
- pine nuts (optional)
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and lightly fry the onion and garlic.
Put the venison in a food processor and whiz to finely chop or chop finely by hand.
If necessary add the remaining oil to the pan and brown the venison in the pan.
Stir in the tomato, add the wine, rosemary, seasoning and cover and simmer until nearly cooked.
Add the plum tomatoes and simmer for about another 10 minutes.
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well and toss in a little olive oil.
Serve the pasta with the venison sauce scatter with chopped chives and pine nuts